The transportation driver is directly responsible for driving clients to and from their scheduled destinations. Drivers ensure clients are provided with safe transport. Drivers follow their driving schedules, maintain regular communication with scheduling staff, report vehicle maintenance issues to the transportation coordinator and participate in regular training sessions.
- Transports clients to and from appointments using agency vehicle
- Responsible for safe management of clients accessing vehicle to and from building/door home
- Responsible for daily vehicle safety inspection and reports any deficiencies to the supervisor
- Responsible for cleaning and disinfection of vehicle and equipment use i.e. Transportation Wheelchair
- Represents CANES Community Care in a positive and professional manner
- Responsible for completing event/incident reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required
- Valid B, C or F license
- Clean Driver’s Abstract
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Familiarity with GTA and surrounding areas
- The nature of the job requires the incumbent to be physically able to assist clients, fold walkers and wheelchairs and place in the vehicle, and assist with grocery shopping bags
- The nature of the job requires the ability to push or pull a client in a wheelchair for short distances where the overall weight may be up to 300 lbs.
- Experience working with frail and elderly individuals
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to read schedules and write reports
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Working after hours may be required
Applications due: April 30, 2018
Start date: As soon as possible
CANES Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.
TBA (Bargaining unit position – CUPE Local 3808)