Will work to optimize client safety and quality of care. Personal Support Worker will provide personal, palliative care, housekeeping and respite services to frail elderly persons and adults with disabilities in their own homes or apartments in a variety of locations and settings. PSW's will operate mainly out of the Etobicoke, Brampton, Malton or Woodbridge areas.
Depending upon the individual needs of the clients, to assist with:
- Homemaking (e.g. meal preparation, cleaning, laundry etc)
- Personal Care (e.g. personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, medication reminder, transfer, reposition, escort to medical appointments etc)
- Respond to Emergency Response System (Lifeline and Pager) calls.
Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations.
- Grade 10 or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker certification from reputable school
- Able to communicate (written and oral) in English
- Physically and emotionally able to perform the duties
- 6 months to one year working with seniors
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Enjoy working with seniors and able to contribute to the quality of life of seniors by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being