Reporting to the Director, Quality and Client Services, the Supervisor Client Service works within a multi-disciplinary team and is responsible for conducting in-home client assessments and the supervision of a team of Personal Support Workers and Home Support Workers.
- Supervise a team of 25+ Personal Support Workers and Home Support Workers
- Conduct initial and ongoing in-home client assessments/reassessments of clients' need for service according to Agency guidelines.
- Establish care plans based upon client health and functioning level, support network and home environment, works with scheduling team and PSW team to implement the care plan. Process referrals where required.
- Lead and direct a PSW and HSW team to deliver a value-added seamless service experience that meets customers’ needs and expectations. This includes supervising, coaching and supporting the PSWs and HSWs to provide high quality customer focused service.
- Assist with timekeeping duties, and Central West LHIN and HCC (Home Community Care) billing
- Demonstrate a positive professional attitude when representing CANES Community Care
- Prepare statistical reports and responsible for meeting targets of the program
- Contribute to a culture of client safety and employee Health and Safety, by complying with all safety practices of the organization, reporting unsafe practices and adverse events, and acting on safety recommendations
- Participates in PSW education and training such as teaching delegated acts on ongoing education
- Shares on call duties (on a rotational basis) with the client services supervisory team
- Other duties as assigned
- RPN designation required
- Must be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Ability to work in the community with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English, additional language(s) an asset
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Excellent oral and written communication, assessment and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of computer programs i.e. interRAI Community Health Assessment Tool, Screener, Procura, Word, Excel, etc.
- Valid class G driver’s license and access to reliable vehicle
- Ability to work independently
- Relevant combination of qualifications and experience will be considered
- Clear Police Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening
Posting End Date: May 19, 2018
Please submit resumes to:
CANES Community Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CANES Community Care will make every effort to accommodate any needs of candidates under the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform us if you require any accommodation through the hiring process.